Multifunction Navigation Displays (MFDs) are common marine electronics used on most vessels. Whether you are an avid fisherman, seasoned sailor, or just out for relaxing cruise, a navigation system is a necessity. These systems provide boat owners with instant access to much needed information while on the water, helping boat owners to stay informed. New features for MFDs are always being developed, and because of this, Raymarine has just released the newest line of Multifunction Navigation Displays, the Axiom+.
The brand new line, Axiom+, incorporates everything boat owners have enjoyed most about Axiom MFDs, with the newest technology available. Axiom+ offers users superior visibility and an upgraded overall performance compared to its previous models. The system comes equipped with four built-in sonar channels and an ultra sensitive GPS receiver, so users can enjoy more complete underwater views and achieve more accurate navigation than ever before.
When it comes to the new line of Axiom MFD’s, the Axiom+ offers some major benefits over previous models, such as:
- An LCD that is 25% brighter than previous models. Users are able to see much more clearly in low-light situations or at night.
- Improved clarity and wider viewing angles. The Axiom+ offers a wider range of viewing with less restrictions.
- HydroTough™ technology. Improved touch screen performance with a ruggedized, nano-coated display. This provides enhanced impact resistance, repels water and oil, and enables accurate touch control in all weather conditions.
- Powerful quad-core processor. No lag time or waiting when accessing maps or other features on the system.
- ClearCruise™ Augmented Reality-capable. Users are able to make smarter navigation decisions with navigation objects overlaid directly onto the Axiom+ display.
In addition to the upgraded Axiom+ line, Raymarine has developed a new electronic catalog of LightHouse Charts. Raymarine LightHouse Charts offer increased clarity and customization when it comes to marine navigation. The charts have been developed using official hydrographic sources, and allow users to alternate between government-style charts or a leisure chart view. LightHouse Charts offer the ability to easily respond to marine traffic or other real world objects.
The Axiom+ Multifunction Navigation Display and Raymarine LightHouse Charts can be used together seamlessly, for both recreational and professional applications. Boat owners can also choose between four chart color pallets, which are optimized for bright sun, dusk, and nighttime lighting conditions. Raymarine users can also take advantage of a LightHouse Premium subscription which allows complete access to chart updates and enhanced satellite imagery, this can all be paired seamlessly with the Navionics App. With the navionics app boaters can plan and make routes at home, and wirelessly share the Route with the Axioms Screens by simply sharing.
The Axiom+ line of multifunction navigation displays are designed for quick responsiveness and ease of use. The displays are available in 7”, 9”, 12” or 24’’ models, so no matter the size of your vessel, the display will fit seamlessly with your existing marine electronics. Each Axiom+ model comes with a three-year warranty, ensuring that both your product and your safety are protected. The Axiom+ line is currently available. If you are interested in upgrading your MFD with the Axiom+ and Lighthouse Charts, contact your local marine service professional at MPI for more information regarding purchase, set-up, and installation.